Stem Cells colonize and differentiate into lost neurons in the damaged parts of the brain, their vasculogenic properties assist in formation of blood vessels for faster recovery.
Similar to heart attack, a Stroke occurs due to blockages in the blood vessels supplying blood to the brain. This is a major illness, needing extra precaution. It can happen to anyone at any point of time. The degree of damage depends upon the area and the extent of damage. For example, someone who had a minor stroke attack can only feel pain and temporary weakness in his arms or legs. However, people who have experienced major stroke can be permanently paralyzed from one side.
FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR STROKE
Anyone can have stroke at any point of time, no particular age or time factor is reported so far as the major risk for stroke patients. However, many common medical conditions can increase the risk associated with the disease.
- Transient Ischemic Attack: – If you already had a stroke or mini ischemic attack then you are having the higher chances of having the stroke.
- High Blood Pressure: – High blood pressure is the major risk factor for the stroke. Since the pressure on the arteries or blood vessels supplying the blood to the important organs such as brain is high, the chances of getting affected by the condition are higher. Lowering the pressure by improving lifestyle and implementing healthy eating habits can minimize the chances.
- High Cholesterol: – The cholesterol is the waxy fatty substance prepared by the liver for the day to day use of the body. However, the excess of cholesterol we consume can be build up in the arteries, including those of the brain. This can lead to the narrowing of the arteries leading to the stroke and other problems.
- Heart Disease: – The common heart problems such as coronary heart disease can increase the risk associated with the stroke as the plaques may get build up in the arteries that can in turn block the flow of oxygen rich blood to the brain. Other heart conditions such as heart valve defect, irregular heartbeats and enlarged heart chambers can cause the clotting of blood leading to stroke.
- Sickle Cell Disease: – A disease is more common in the black and the Hispanic children. The disease causes the red blood cells to achieve the abnormal sickle shape, which will obstruct the blood flow of the arteries leading to its blockage.
Apart from these medical conditions, some environmental factors such as diet, physical activity, weight, overuse of alcohol or tobacco may increase the risk of stroke. Since genetic factors can also play major role in developing high blood pressure, diabetes etc. the stroke is said to have genetic link up.
HOW STEM CELLS TREATMENT CAN HELP!
Stem cells are the mother cells that are responsible for developing an entire human body from a tiny two celled embryo; due to their unlimited divisions and strong power to differentiate into all the cells of different lineage. This power of stem cells has been harnessed by the technology to isolate them outside the human body, concentrate in the clean environment and implant back.
Thus, stem cells treatment involves administration of concentrated cells in the targeted area, wherein they can colonize in the damaged area, adapt the properties of resident stem cells and initiate some of the lost functions that have been compromised by the disease or injury.
The loads of data accumulated from different research suggested, an evidence based differentiation of stem cells into new neurons. The vasculogenetic properties of stem cells can as well lead to formation of blood vessels to improve the paracrine effect, supply of growth factors and immune cells leading to the faster recovery. The angiogenetic properties of stem cells may develop new blood vessels that can help in maximizing the supply of blood to the brain.
TREATMENT OF STROKE
Treatment carefully and diligently follows the protocol as specified by GIOSTAR for SCI.
GIOSTAR have mastered the technology for isolating maximum number of viable stem cells from adipose tissue as an autologous source from your own body to treat SCI patients.
All GIOSTAR certified labs are well equipped state of the art facilities designed to isolate process and enrich the highest viable number of stem cells, which can be re infused back into the patient’s body. Generally, these cells are administered through any one of the below mentioned methods depending upon physical examination prior to administration:
- Intrathecal Administration:-Through this mode, cell are infused in the cerebrospinal fluid through the subarachnoid spaces of the spinal canal.
- Intravenous Administration:- Through this mode, cells are infused through the veins along with the mannitol to expand blood volumes in the central nervous system, to ensure that the maximum number of cells are reaching to the targeted area.
Once infused back in the body, these cells can be repopulated at the damaged parts of the brain, through their strong paracrine effects and differentiate into lost or damaged neurons, create new blood vessels to improve the supply of blood or help in production of supporting cells to improve motor functions of the brain.
Thus with our standardized, broad based and holistic approach, it is now possible to obtain noticeable improvements in the patients with the Stroke, in the symptoms as well as their functional abilities.
Results vary per patient and therapy is performed within the legal limits of the United States.